VLS 2019 - Guidelines
Community organizations, business, individuals, and Clean Communities coordinators are invited to conduct visual litter surveys as part of VLS 2019. A curriculum has been developed for Certified Clean Communities Coordinators.
In order to complete the VLS 2019 Curriculum, coordinators must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Review the 2018 Visual Litter Survey.
• Attend the VLS 2019 Launch Seminar on May 2, 2019.
• Conduct at least one VLS/Cleanup between June 1 – December 31, 2019.
• Develop a solution to the litter problem you observed during your VLS/Cleanup.
• Submit the required final written assignment by December 31, 2019.
Coordinators are asked to follow the VLS 2019 procedures:
• Establish the purpose or goal of the VLS/Cleanup.
• Determine the location/s and date/s of the VLS/Cleanup.
• Register the VLS/Cleanup/s online at njclean.org.
• Organize a team of volunteers/staff.
• Ensure that volunteers/staff adhere to safety rules.
• Ensure that volunteers sign waiver forms.
• Conduct the VLS/Cleanup.
• Submit the Final Assignment.
The final assignment is a paper that must include the following information:
• Name of Team Captain______________________
• Name of County or Municipality____________________________
• Unique Features_____________________________________________________________
• Clean Communities Grant Allocation_____________________
Location/s and Date/s of Cleanup/s
Plan of Action
• Project Goals & Objectives____________________________
• Description of VLS/Cleanup_________________________
• Results of Survey based on data collected_________________________________