Clean Communities grant recipients may resume volunteer cleanups provided COVID-19 guidelines established by the Governor’s Office are strictly followed and enforced. However, because Clean Communities grants are disbursed directly to municipalities and counties, the decision to resume cleanups is strictly the responsibility of grant recipients.
NJCCC COVID-19 Guidelines:
- Volunteers must wear masks unless social distancing rules can be maintained.
- Volunteers must wear gloves while picking up trash.
- Groups of volunteers cleaning in one location should be limited to 200.
- Volunteers must social-distance.
- Cleanups must be supervised to ensure that COVID-19 guidelines are followed and enforced.
- Masks, gloves and hand sanitizer must be provided for volunteers who are cleaning. Clean Communities grant funds may be used for this purpose.
JoAnn Gemenden, Executive Director
Phone: 609-989-5900/ Fax: 609-989-9066