International Coastal Cleanup 2019
Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup (ICC) is a worldwide cleanup which will take place this year on September 15. In New Jersey, cleanups may be scheduled from September 15 through December 31, 2019. The NJ Clean Communities Council (NJCCC) encourages volunteers, government agencies and individuals to join volunteers worldwide in this effort to collect information on litter found on beaches and waterways and clean it up. Here’s how it works--
- Coordinates cleanups worldwide.
- Provides ICC data cards.
- Tabulates and reports the results of cleanups.
- Distribute waiver forms to volunteers, ensure that all volunteers sign waiver forms, and submit waiver forms to NJCCC no later than November 1, 2019.
- Distribute data cards to volunteers, ensure that volunteers complete the data cards, and submit data cards, along with waiver forms, to NJCCC no later than November 1, 2019.
- Ensure that volunteers abide by NJCCC guidelines and safety rules. Must register at www.njclean.org no later than September 1, 2019.
- Sign liability waiver forms.
- Complete data cards.
- Abide by Ocean Conservancy/NJCCC guidelines and safety rules.
- Provide beach or street locations for volunteers to clean. Be specific. Locations will be listed at www.njclean.org
- Agree to provide personnel to supervise cleanups.
- Dispose of bags of trash and recyclables.
- Report ICC cleanups on NJCCC statistical report forms, including number of cleanups, number of volunteers, amount of trash picked up and/or recycled.
- Register at www.njclean.org no later than September 1, 2019.
New Jersey Clean Communities Council
- Provides guidelines and safety rules for cleanups.
- Provides bags and gloves unless municipalities agree to provide supplies using Clean Communities grant funds.
- Submits data cards to the Ocean Conservancy by December 31, 2019.
- Confirms cleanup locations with municipalities and volunteer groups.
- Provides schedule of cleanups and locations at www.njclean.org .